Monday, July 30, 2007

Globalization: It's a small world afterall

I know there has been times where you have ran into someone from your past that you thought you never would see again. Today, at the Minnesota airport I thought I saw someone from college. It reminded me about how small the world is. This could possibly confirm the theory of Six Degrees of Separation. The more I travel around the world I realize that this is very much true. The wildest story that I have is when I was in Australia a few years back and I was walking across a random bridge in Brisbane and a girl passed by me and said “was you in Madrid, Spain two months ago”. I responded with a bewildered face “yes, how do you know that?” She answered that she had been in an Irish pub when I was introduced to her and one of her friends. This was amazing that half way around the world in another country I would run into someone for a second time that I met on the other side of the world. As technology increases and flight travel becomes second nature the world is becoming one big global village.

No comments: